Apologies for the lack of posts – in short, life happened 🙂
So here I am back with a new series of worksheets which I hope will be of help in any small way to students of Arabic out there. Each worksheet has a little bit of explanation and then some exercises for you or your students to work through.
Insha Allah, answer sheets will be uploaded once I have completed the worksheets.
- Arabic Alphabet worksheet and answer sheet
- Sun and Moon letters worksheet and answer sheet
- Naughty Letters worksheet and answer sheet
- Subject, Object and Possessive pronouns worksheet and answer sheet
- Demonstrative pronouns worksheet and answer sheet
- Prepositions worksheet and answer sheet
- Arabic Nouns Introduction chart
- Gender in Arabic worksheet and answer sheet
- Definite and Indefinite worksheet and answer sheet
- Case Endings worksheet and answer sheet
- Numbers and Nouns worksheet and answer sheet
Only 74 more cards to go out of 180! Please consider donating if you haven’t already done so. It would mean a lot to the guests of Children of Adam who would appreciate this gesture from people. Plus, its a sweet way of giving them a helping hand without making them feel bad about themselves. Lets spoil them together 🙂 donation link is in the comments section…
The giving of Eidiyyeh/Eidi/Eid money to children (and sometimes to grown ups too!) by adults is a beautiful age old tradition in Muslim communities.
This Eid, I would like to share this tradition with the 180 guests of Children of Adam, a charity which works with the homeless.
I am looking to hand out a gift card worth £10 to each guest giving them the freedom to shop for what they need. The gift cards will be of major stores such as Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys.
How you can help?
1. Donate £10 towards a gift card (as many as you like) by clicking on the following link:
You will recieve a reciept too! 🙂
2. I will purchase a gift card, put it into a pouch with an Eid message and perfume the bag.
Aisha (rad) would perfume the Sadaqa she would hand out to the needy. She explained that she wanted the charity to reach in a fragrant condition to Allah before it reached the hands of the person in need. In her beautiful way, I will be doing the same thing insha Allah 🙂
I will be handing out the gift cards on the first Sunday after Eid iA.
How often are the homeless gifted with something? This is your chance to share the spirit of Eid with them and include them in this tradition of ours.
Please help me reach my target of 180 gift cards!
Donate now 🙂
A massive Ramadan Mubarak to all Arabic Adventures fans 🙂 Jazakallahu kheiran for following this blog, downloading worksheets, sharing with friends, following on facebook and for leaving such kind comments.
Here is a little something I made which is Ramadan related. Only need to print out this one A4 sheet of paper and follow the video to see how to make this mini booklet.
I will be going through the following worksheet on Hobbies with my Year 10. Thought others might find it useful too 🙂
Year 10s were given the following assessment as their end of Term 2 test.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- 20 verbs in the Qur’an (pdf here)
- Past Tense conjugation
- Present Tense conjugation
- Identifying nouns from a particular verb
- Using your knowledge of past/present tense and grammar topics (learnt previously) to translate simple sentences.
Have a go at the test – the answers have been uploaded too 🙂
Exam Sheet PDF
Answer Sheet PDF
Enjoy, download and share!
My year 8s, 9s and 10s are learning 20 verbs that are oft-mentioned in the Qur’an, a useful list which I can work from to help teach concepts such as conjugations in the different tenses, nouns, and keywords in the Qur’an by extension.
E.g. By learning the verb “s-j-d” سَجَدَ I can help students with past/present tense conjugation for the different subject pronouns and help them identify nouns that are created out of this verb e.g. “masjid”. So the verb roots are really the key to making students feel confident in exploring the Qur’an.
Here is a worksheet I will be using in this week’s lesson to review
- Past Tense conjugation
- 20 verbs + English meaning
- Subject pronouns
This worksheet was used with students in Year 6, and it has really helped them to understand Surah al-Falaq with its meaning which is great alhamdolillah.
Click HERE to download this worksheet